On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:03 AM,  <lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> wrote:
> +1,
>
> auto loading is simple and if performance becomes an issue, an explicit
> list of hooks would solve this issue. I would however leave auto loading by
> default. We have a couple of hundred jar dependencies so speed for us is
> an issue but auto loading seems to me a decent default for beginners, better
> than failing on a missing implementation or other "strange" behaviours.

Sorry, auto-loading will not stay on by default in the long-term. The
question is whether it will be removed in 1.2.1 or later on. I may
allow auto-loading to be turned on in project.clj, but having stuff
happen behind your back because of what happens to be on your
classpath (even things you didn't add explicitly but were pulled in
via transitive dependencies) is a little too much magic I think.

-Phil