On Aug 24, 7:48 pm, ataggart <alex.tagg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for focusing solely on one example, and still not providing any
> useful, specific information.

You asked -  "Do I really need to perform the itemCheck math ops in
the binary-tree test" - and if you can't see the answer from simply
looking at the other programs and the program output, then you need
more hand-holding than I'm going to provide.

Will it really make a big difference when I add the indefinite article
to what it already says in the description?

"Each program should
 - walk the tree nodes, checksum node items (and maybe deallocate the
node)"

> There may be a number of possible implementations for a given design
> criterion. The binary-tree "memory allocation/deallocation" test (for
> example) includes not only that, but also math ops, in a particular
> fashion, a particular style of looping, with particular string
> concatenation, and particular places for printing to stdout, etc.

Yes.

> From what I can infer, the criterion being tested is how well can
> clojure code perform when it's written just like the imperative
> version in, say, C++.

Nonsense.

You could as easily say - the criterion being tested is how well can
clojure code perform when it's written just like the functional
version in, say Clean or Haskell?

>  I had been assuming this was a serious comparison various languages
> performance in achieving a particular design goal.

After so many people have contributed programs for binary-trees in so
many languages, I had been assuming it was kind-of easy.