Hi,

Am 13.09.2010 um 20:54 schrieb Robert McIntyre:

> I'm wondering why the symbol route was selected when the merge way may
> be more convenient, or why there's something really bad about the
> merge way that I'm overlooking.

I find the the symbol way more consist with the different usage possibilities.

{:keys [a] :or {a :x}}
{:syms [a] :or {a :x}}
{:strs [a] :or {a :x}}
{a 1 :or {a :x}}

No special cases. Just one thing to remember. And easier to parse. Compare to:

{a 1 :or {1 :x}}

It is not clear what 1 refers to. You have to check also the rest of the
destructuring to understand it, while ":or {a :x}" is pretty much
self-explaining.

Sincerely
Meikel