> Just fixed this with some help from Hugo Duncan; best guess is it's a
> weird Mac encoding issue. Should be clear now though.

Hi Sean,

Noticed you're running java 1.5. Fwiw, I used to run 1.5 with Mac OSX
Leopard 10.5 (vanilla install) and I remember having a few "funnies"
with clj/java. I did a standard upgrade on 10.5 and that included java
1.6 (1.6.0_15-b03-226). Since then I've had no problems at all (plus
it's now 64bit vs 32bit on 1.5).

-Rgds, Adrian