Hi,

On 17 Nov., 13:39, Alyssa Kwan <alyssa.c.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using with-bindings* seems terribly unsupported as well.

with-bindings* is official API and the above is a valid use.

I would expect that the current situation is there for performance
reasons. Resolving the Var each time the function is called is
probably too slow.

I personally don't see a problem with this situation. When you speak
about a virtual "restart" as unmapping *everything* and reloading
things, you might be right. But there lies the rub. You don't unmap
everything in your example. With my limited imagination I can't see a
scenario where the above could arise in a production system, since a
"hot update" which removes a but leaves the old b intact could be
considered broken since it wouldn't compile when loading in a fresh
JVM.

Sincerely
Meikel