On 12 Jan, 2011, at 4:21 pm, clojure+nore...@googlegroups.com wrote:

My #1 issue with emacs is that I
don't know how save my "workspace" so that I can return to emacs and
automatically open the last set of files I was working on, and my
places within them.  It's always a big hassle when I sit down to work
to open up all the files manually and find my places.

I have something like this:

(setq desktop-dirname "/foo/bar"
      desktop-path    '("/foo/bar"))
(setq-default desktop-path '("/foo/bar"))
(add-hook 'kill-emacs-hook (lambda () (desktop-save desktop-dirname)))
(require 'desktop) ;; seem to remember there was a reason for the late `require'
(desktop-save-mode 1)
(require 'desktop-recover)

Pardon the scattergun approach, it wasn't very well documented when I set it up. More than likely only some subset of the above is necessary and sufficient.

--
Phil Hudson                      PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63