On Feb 10, 1:41 pm, Bill James <w_a_x_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
-snip-
> The C++ program was evidently deprecated because it did not go through
> the process of generating a random character for each character that
> it output. The author realized that the pseudo-random-number-generator
> had a cycle-length less than 200_000.
>
> Both the C++ program and the Clojure program use a much more efficient
> algorithm than the other programs.  That may violate the rules.

Now the SBCL 1.0.45 updates and the LuaJIT 2.0.0-beta6 updates are
done, and those long long running Ruby mandelbrot and Python fannkuch-
redux programs have finished - time for some Clojure.

I agree with your assessment that the C++ program and the Clojure
program use a much more efficient algorithm than the other programs.
Showing your Clojure program would go against the use the same
algorithm spirit of the benchmarks game - so it won't be shown.

In contrast, meteor-contest is pretty much open to whatever algorithm
you can dream up (with obvious exceptions - trivial programs that just
print the hard coded result).

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32q/benchmark.php?test=meteor&lang=all#about