Hello!

I'm new to clojure and socket programming in particular and I kindly
ask you to help me a little bit in how to design my application  (all
this is still overwhelming). This is a task I gave me to have
something usefull while learning the clojure api:

The scenario is as follows:

I have a client application that connects to a server on a port, opens
a socket stream and pumps in a stream of xml data. This streams never
stops, but the protocol is simple,  key/value data. That's it.

1/ I want to write a server in clojure that accepts the connection
from this client application, parses the xml-input stream and builds a
cache with the key/values received from xml-parsing this stream.

2/ I want to start threads within my server that do some work (get
notified) each time the cache has new/updated items.

My naive approach is as follows:

1) use create-server to build the server that accepts the socket
connection
2) use an atom as the cache that gets updated by the input stream
handler/thread
3) use futures to start my working threads

But how do I notify my working threads that the cache was updated? Are
there some (clojure) patterns that I can use?

Also some boilerplate or examples would help me a lot to get
started! :-)

Thanks!

- Finn (finbeu)