On 3 March 2011 14:39, finbeu <info_pe...@t-online.de> wrote:
> But I have right now no clue to do this (navigating to the stream
> forth by a fixed number of bytes). Is there a clojure function to do
> this or do I have to fall back to java?

You're better off falling back to Java for this. Clojure doesn't yet
have a native mechanism for handling streaming data, so the standard
Java stream classes are generally used when dealing with I/O.

However, there are a bunch of helper functions in clojure.java.io that
you'll definitely want to use.

Once you have your stream, you probably want a function like:

(defn read-bytes [stream n]
  (let [bytes (byte-array n)]
    (.read stream bytes)
    bytes))