I had been working on a tool that provides a persistent JVM for
command line applications. It is called jark.

It does not compete with any of the clojure build tools(lein, cljr),
but cleanly integrates with them.

You can find more about it here: http://icylisper.in/clojure/jark.html
I am yet to make a release. However, it is usable and source can be
found at https://github.com/icylisper/jark.

-
isaac
(icylisper)