Cake also aims to solve the startup time problem with a client/server
architecture similar to nailgun.

You can add '#!/usr/bin/env cake' to the top of clojure scripts you
want to be executable, and there's even a built-in filter task for
text manipulation inspired by 'perl -pe'.

http://clojure-cake.org/