Hi,

I am a newbie to Ubuntu (10.10) and Emacs (23). I have been able to
satisfactorily setup Eclipse and CCW, thanks to feedback from CCW user
group members. However, I wanted to explore Clojure through Emacs.

I have clojure-mode 1.7.1, slime and slime-repl 20100404 installed.
I've also installed the ELPA. I've read the assembla wiki and also
seen Lau Jensen's video on getting started with Emacs and clojure. I
have the following in my ~/.emacs file (please note, some of the lines
are commented) -

;; Set up the Common Lisp environment
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/slime/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/opt/clojure-mode/")

;;(add-hook 'slime-repl-mode-hook 'clojure-mode-font-lock-setup)
;;(add-to-list 'package-archives '("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-
repo.org/packages/") t)

;;(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/bin/sbcl")
(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

(require 'clojure-mode)
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

(setq slime-lisp-implementations
    '((clojure  ("/usr/bin/clojure"))
      (sbcl     ("/usr/bin/sbcl"))))

;;; This was installed by package-install.el.
;;; This provides support for the package system and
;;; interfacing with ELPA, the package archive.
;;; Move this code earlier if you want to reference
;;; packages in your .emacs.
(when
    (load
     (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/elpa/package.el"))
  (package-initialize))

Now when I try to install swank-clojure, I get the following message -
File exists: /home/manoj/.emacs.d/elpa/clojure-mode-1.7.1/clojure-
mode.el

And then, after running Emacs, when I say, C-u M-x slime, it prompts
me with Run lisp: lisp and when I change lisp to Clojure, I get a
clojure prompt.

But -
1) There is no auto indentation (so when I go to the next line, after
say (defn some[]), it starts with the first col. in this new line)

2) I can also delete the user => prompt (where as with SBCL prompt, it
says the text is read-only).

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or missing some
steps.

I would also like the ability to run Lisp and / or Clojure in Emacs
(because I am learning both of them).

Thanks in advance,
Manoj.