mmwaikar <mmwai...@gmail.com> writes:

> But the same enter key works properly when I am using Lisp, so why
> shouldn't it be the default in Clojure as well?

What's considered "properly" for RET is purely subjective. :-)

But I have to admit that I was wrong.  When paredit-mode is enabled, RET
is indeed bound to `paredit-newline', which does indentation
automatically.  For me that does the trick for Clojure, Elisp, and CL
buffers...

> Also, after removing clojure-mode, when I try to install swank-
> clojure, it again installs the clojure-mode, but fails to install
> itself?

Do you get some error messages?

Using emacs 24 from bzr, I only added

  (add-to-list 'package-archives
               '("technomancy" . "http://repo.technomancy.us/emacs/";) t)

to get the most recent packages from technomancy listed in M-x
package-list-packages, and there I installed these ones:

  clojure-mode      1.8.0       installed  Major mode for Clojure code
  slime             20100404.1  installed  Superior Lisp Interaction Mode for
Emacs
  slime-repl        20100404    installed  Read-Eval-Print Loop written in
Emacs Lisp
  swank-clojure     1.1.0       installed  Slime adapter for clojure

Bye,
Tassilo