On Mar 27, 11:52 pm, ultranewb <pineapple.l...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 11:09 pm, Luc Prefontaine <lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > You cannot expect a tool to "guess" your project dependencies.
> > Dependencies are a fact of life and cannot be avoided in any significant
> > project.
> > It's not "gargage"...
>
> Anything I have to do besides what I should be doing is "garbage," but
> I'm well-aware that one man's garbage is another man's treasure trove.
>
> At any rate, the poster above you says (or, at least the way I
> interpret him) that CCW "automates the garbage" (cough).  I believe
> you are stating it does not.  If it does, I'll try it.  If it doesn't,
> I won't.  Any definitive "yae" or "nae" here?

As long as your code depends *only* on Clojure and Contrib JARS, CCW
will automatically include them on the classpath. Make sure you add
the source file under "src" and restart the REPL every time you make
modification to the source. If you need any 3rd party JAR (open source
or otherwise) you will have to do dependency management manually
through the menu options (dont forget - getting those dependency JARs
would still be another problem.)

As you said you are a newbie, I guess Eclipse+CCW should serve you
well. When you need to use 3rd party JARs, consider Luc's advice.

Regards,
Shantanu