Hi,

On 11 Apr., 12:04, Ken Wesson <kwess...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, similar incidents happened on both sides.

And to illustrate this point:

>> Because the phantasy of the average human being is quite limited.
>
> ?

No one obviously imagined what happens when there is a malfunction in
the hardware which might cause a bit flip in this single important
field. From my personal experience with software, I'm not really
surprised. Many things are fixed afterwards ("lessons learned", oh
god, I said it...), but in a system where there is no "afterwards"
this is rather disadvantageous. (Another example: NORAD early warning
radar got confused by the moon. Well, to defend the designers: it was
not pointed out in the spec that the moon might raise above the
horizon.)

Although not every system launches the Rockets, I'd prefer systems
with robustness and fault tolerance as default. Even if it's only the
egg clock gadget.

Sincerely
Meikel