On 19 April 2011 08:25, Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hin...@fastmail.net> wrote:

>> If they don't end up as part of the new lineup of contrib libraries,
>> would you at least keep them on github.com?
>
> I'll try to see if I can manage to migrate to new contrib (I am not exactly
> looking forward to all those new tools to learn), but otherwise, I use
> Mercurial rather than git all day, so github is never my first choice.

There is a git plugin for Mercurial (that I've only used to migrate an
old Mercurial repository to git).  It is supposed to allow hg to talk
to a remote git repository as if it were Mercurial and it seems to
work well.

The only possible issue is that it puts a bit of metadata in some of
the log messages, but maybe that's not an issue and maybe it's
possible to turn it off if it is an issue.

--
Michael Wood <esiot...@gmail.com>