On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM, André Thieme <splendidl...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I am not interested in the answers of religious fanatics who defend any
> behaviour that the current implementation has, even if it obviously
> limits the expressiveness.
>

> Regards,
> André

The relevant clojure-dev thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure-dev/browse_thread/thread/f4907ebca8ef6e11

It's not clear whether the core team and the various contributors are
interested in supporting the behavior you want. It's also not clear whether
the issue is matter of the difficulty of a good implementation or simply
disinterest.

David