"How do I actually just load code w/o evaluating it?"
mostly when you want something like this, you want a macro. Manipulating
code is also done within macros.

http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/macros-standard-control-constructs.html
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/macros-defining-your-own.html

Jonathan