Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> writes:

Hi Phil,

> I pushed out some changes last night that make it much, much easier to
> get set up with Emacs and SLIME. If you've tried it and ended up
> bewildered by issues with ELPA or how to launch a swank server, give
> it another go! It only takes three steps to get started:
>
>     1. Install clojure-mode via git or marmalade-repo.org
>     2. lein plugin install swank-clojure 1.3.1
>     3. Invoke M-x clojure-jack-in from a project

I tried it by first deinstalling any clojure/swank/SLIME packages I
had.  Then I installed clojure-mode 1.9.0 from the marmalade-repo.

In a terminal, I did

  $ lein upgrade        # ==> 0.6.3
  $ lein plugin install swank-clojure 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Then I opened some clojure file in an existing project and did

  M-x clojure-jack-in RET

I got a new popup *swank* buffer, but in there, I get an exception.

;;; Bootstrapping bundled version of SLIME; please wait...

;;; slime.el --- Superior Lisp Interaction Mode for Emacs
;;
;;;; License
;;     Copyright (C) 2003  Eric Marsden, Luke Gorrie, Helmut Eller
;;     Copyright (C) 2004,2005,2006  Luke Gorrie, Helmut Eller
;;     Copyright (C) 2007,2008,2009  Helmut Eller, Tobias C. Rittweiler

[...]

(provide 'slime-repl)
;;; slime-repl.el ends here

(run-hooks 'slime-load-hook)
Warning: *classpath* not declared dynamic and thus is not dynamically
rebindable, but its name suggests otherwise. Please either indicate ^:dynamic
*classpath* or change the name.
Reflection warning, swank/util/io.clj:15 - call to java.lang.String ctor can't
be resolved.
[... snipped more reflection warnings ...]
Reflection warning, swank/swank.clj:76 - call to java.lang.Integer ctor can't
be resolved.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No value
supplied for key: 55298
        at
clojure.lang.PersistentHashMap.createWithCheck(PersistentHashMap.java:89)
        at clojure.core$hash_map.doInvoke(core.clj:355)
        at clojure.lang.RestFn.applyTo(RestFn.java:137)
        at clojure.core$apply.invoke(core.clj:600)
        at swank.swank$start_server.doInvoke(swank.clj:56)
        at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:516)
        at user$eval1615.invoke(NO_SOURCE_FILE:1)
        at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6378)
        at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6368)
        at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6369)
        at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6345)
        at clojure.core$eval.invoke(core.clj:2745)
        at clojure.main$eval_opt.invoke(main.clj:296)
        at clojure.main$initialize.invoke(main.clj:315)
        at clojure.main$null_opt.invoke(main.clj:348)
        at clojure.main$main.doInvoke(main.clj:426)
        at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:421)
        at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:405)
        at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:163)
        at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:518)
        at clojure.main.main(main.java:37)

I have to say that this project uses a clojure 1.3.0 snapshot.  Is that
supposed to work?  And if not, is there some workaround?

Bye,
Tassilo