On May 23, 2011, at 3:48 AM, Laurent PETIT wrote:

> So far, the "most" general techniques I can see are : either
> bundle/repackage your webapp for the target servlet container
> instance, either pass the path to configuration file(s) via one (or
> more) JNDI parameters.

That's about right — though of course you don't need to be using JNDI if you're
willing to configure each parameter separately as a system property or servlet
init param.

Beyond that, ring is quite container-agnostic (to the point where you don't
necessarily need to use a servlet container to deploy ring apps), whereas
configuration mechanisms are likely to be container-specific.

- Chas