I'm also interested in this topic. It was discussed briefly on the
clojure-web-dev mailing list a little while ago. What I've been doing
is something like this:

# lein ring project
myapp/
  config/
    production/WEB-INF/myapp.properties
    development/WEB-INF/myapp.properties
    test/WEB-INF/myapp.properties
  src/
  project.clj

$ # create war file
$ lein ring uberwar

$ # update configuration for production
$ jar uvf myapp.war -C config/production .

$ # or... update configuration for development server
$ jar uvf myapp.war -C config/development .

This assumes you have a ServletContextListener or equivalent in place
to read on deployment.

This is quick and dirty. I'd definitely like to see something better emerge.

Allen