On Apr 22, 10:32 pm, Shantanu Kumar <kumar.shant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm going to be working on clojure.java.jdbc, with Steve Gilardi, and
> > I'd like to get people's feedback on what you like / what you don't
> > like / what you need changed or added in clojure.contrib.sql so that
> > clojure.java.jdbccan become what the community wants for 1.3.0.
>
> Thanks for asking -- personally I think c.c.sql has a lot to improve
> on the configuration aspect (some of which I have started
> incorporating here:https://bitbucket.org/kumarshantanu/clj-dbspec/src
> ). Listed below:
>
> 1. Allow _ (underscore) in field names
> 2. Provide a mechanism to show the SQL being executed (configurable,
> so that it can be turned off)
> 3. Allow users to flexibly convert from Clojure name to DB entity name
> 4. Allow users to flexibly convert from DB entity name to Clojure name
> (this affects resultset-seq)
> 5. Provide a mode to prevent write operations
>
> DB entity name can be table name, column name, schema name etc.
>
> Besides configuration, I think it can benefit from the following:
>
> 6. An INSERT function that returns the generated key(s)
> 7. The function for creating tables is non-portable across databases
> -- make it known in the docstring

8. Allow users to specify :fetch-size, :fetch-direction, :timeout etc
through the config-map and make functions honor that. I think a
default fetch-size of 1000 would be good for performance and more
predictable across databases:

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html

Regards,
Shantanu