Not sure if I understand your problem.

Is it the verbosity of extracting coordinates? (rect-one :x1)

Or is the problem with increasing the dimensionality?

Anyhow I would define the types as following:

(def point [1 2 3])
(def rect [point point])

(defn point-in-rect? [p [[r1 r2]]]
  (every? true? (map <= r1 p r2)))

(defn overlap-rect? [a b]
  (or (some #(point-in-rect % a) b)
      (some #(point-in-rect % b) a)))

this should work for n-dimensions I think.

If you want to more closely follow your original code:

(with-destructured-rects rect-one rect-two
  (and
    (>= r1x1 r2x0)
    (>= r2x1 r1x0)))