On Jun 5, 9:09 am, "Bhinderwala, Shoeb" <sabhinderw...@wellington.com>
wrote:
> I installed clojure-mode from marmalade. I added the following to my
> .emacs file:
>
>   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elpa/clojure-mode/")
>   (require 'clojure-mode)

This is not necessary; if you install via marmalade then the autoloads
will handle this for you.

> And also added the following to my lein project.clj file:
>
>   :dev-dependencies [[swank-clojure "1.2.1"]]

This is a rather old version of swank. You should stick with 1.3.1 at
least.

> When I perform step 3 from within EMACS, and specify the path to my lein
> project.clj file,  I get the following error:
>
>   Starting swank server...
>   cd c:/projects/pasclj && lein jack-in 1187: exited abnormally with
> code 1.

This is probably due to the old swank version.

> Also when I execute the following command "lein swank" from the command
> line, I get the following error:
>
> C:\projects\pasclj>lein swank
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No value
> supplied for key: 4005 (NO_SOURCE_FILE:1)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5440)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5414)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5415)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5391)
>         at clojure.core$eval.invoke(core.clj:2382)

There's also a bug when mismatched versions are in lib/dev vs ~/.lein/
plugins that can cause behaviour like this. It's best not to put swank
in dev-deps at all but just stick with "lein plugin install". Just
inspect ~/.lein/plugins to make sure only 1.3.1 is in there. I'll
update the readme to explain this issue.

-Phil