Hi Santosh,

I have been playing around with Clojure for some time now, and outside
of echoing most of the suggestions listed above (specifically
StackOverFlow hints/tricks, OSS projects on GitHub/BitBucket and most
importantly the REPL with Leiningen) I have one more suggestion -
Being a Java guy (and Ruby) myself, one thing I found myself
struggling with is the functional nature of Clojure. I still struggle
with it so I will elaborate on how I am trying to work around it.

  - The Little Schemer [http://www.amazon.com/Little-Schemer-Daniel-P-
Friedman/dp/0262560992] - I found this book to be a good refresher on
recursion, and thinking along those lines. I just went through it (I
wrote all the code samples in Clojure), and am starting the next one
in the series which is
  - The Seasoned Schemer [http://www.amazon.com/Seasoned-Schemer-
Daniel-P-Friedman/dp/026256100X]

I started playing with the 99 Lisp Programs exercise suggested by
Shantanu a while back, and one thing that helped me was to use Clojure
core only (rather than using Clojure Contrib along with it). YMMV.

There are few books out there that can help - "The Joy of Clojure" IMO
being a really good one to pick, but it's one that you should read
after getting your hands dirty with Clojure first. Practical Clojure
is another good book, and relatively new so it covers some of the
newer constructs in Clojure as compared to Stu's "Programming
Clojure" (Though I believe Aaron Bedra is working on the second
edition of that book).

Finally, I agree with many others on this thread - Emacs is a popular
editor among many a lisp programmer, and Clojure is no different.
Unfortunately if you are not familiar with it, it presents a two-fold
problem - you need to learn to use the editor along with learning
Clojure. My take on this - if you are familiar with an IDE like
Eclipse or NetBeans or even IntelliJ just download the plugin and
start writing code.

Hope this helps.

Raju