On Jun 9, 6:14 pm, Mark Engelberg <mark.engelb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Dik <s45...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I had to change a s-exp on line 848 in clojure-mode.el from
>
> >    (expand-file-name clojure-root)

> >    (replace-regexp-in-string "/" "\\\\" (expand-file-name clojure-root) t)
>
> > and that resolved the "cannot find the path specified" error for me.

Wow, that looks an awful lot like a bug in Emacs to me. expand-file-
name really should return paths that work with the host OS.

> This worked for me!  I recommend this magical change be rolled into
> any future version of clojure-mode.

I can't really do that as it's flagrantly nonportable. However, it may
be that we can just rely on Leiningen to find the project root
instead. Does this work?

(defun clojure-jack-in ()
  (interactive)
  ;; graaaahhhh--no closures in elisp (23)
  (setq clojure-swank-port (+ 1024 (* (random 64512))))
  (shell-command (format clojure-swank-command clojure-swank-port)
"*swank*")
  (set-process-filter (get-buffer-process "*swank*")
                      (lambda (process output)
                        (with-current-buffer "*swank*"
                          (insert output))
                        (when (string-match "proceed to jack in"
output)
                          (with-current-buffer "*swank*"
                            (kill-region (save-excursion
                                           (goto-char (point-max))
                                           (search-backward "slime-
load-hook")
                                           (forward-line)
                                           (point))
                                         (point-max)))
                          (eval-buffer "*swank*")
                          (slime-connect "localhost" clojure-swank-
port)
                          (set-process-filter process nil))))
  (message "Starting swank server..."))

-Phil