Going for walks also helps me.  Having some form a mild physical
activity that I don't have to concentrate on seems to help me think.
It can be a walk around the block, a hike through the park, or just
walking around the office.  You also get the added benefits of it
being good for your health, and you can get away with it easier at
work.
And while I like my hammock, lying down it in often results in me
falling asleep (and waking up covered in mosquito bites).  Though I
seem to remember Rich suggesting much of your thinking goes on while
you are asleep (but in your bed will probably result in fewer mosquito
bites, especially in North Carolina summers).

I think my notes from that talk read something like this:
Bring hammock to work.  :)
Go to sleep sober.  :(

Nick Brown
http://standardout.wordpress.com/