emacs-nav is a lightweight "project explorer" for emacs that I have
found useful - https://code.google.com/p/emacs-nav/

It has the ability to grep the directory structure for a symbol (Press
'g' when the cursor is in the emacs-nav window). I find that handy to
search for function names across projects.

Disclaimer - Clojure for me right now is only getting to be a "serious
hobby" so I am not certain this will scale :)

On a side note - many thanks to Glen Stampoultzis for the ctrl-x ctrl-
i tip ... Works like a charm. Beats the heck out of ctrl-s :)

Hope this helps.

Raju