On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Ken Wesson wrote:
> Or, the traditional thing: full control, but tab or something will
> reindent the current line, or all lines intersecting the selection if
> any, to structurally-correct positions based on all of the code above,
> if tab is hit outside a string literal or ; comment.

I personally think that this provides the best combination of clarity,
simplicity, and utility. My guess is that "smarter" solutions will indeed get
messy/annoying in some of the situations that Ken mentioned (e.g. pasting
multiple lines, possibly from another app), and very occasionally I have reason
to use non-standart indentation for some small segment of code. I do think that
it's also good for the system to indent correctly when the user types a
newline, which clooj already does.

 -Lee