Just want to throw in on this real quick. I am -dumbfounded- by how
cool ClojureScript is.

It was about 2AM my time when I first heard the announcement and I
stayed up another 3 hours after that watching Rich's talk and playing
with the samples. As I see it right now, this is a Big Deal. For lots
of reasons. And I suspect it might take some time for the whole
concept and its wide ramifications to fully digest for everyone.

Like many (I'm guessing), my first question was: will it work with
jQuery? I'd never even heard of Google Closure. Suffice it to say it
didn't take much time looking into it to get me excited. And for it to
click just how smart this whole approach seems it might just be.

I am, literally, deploying this to my web app right now. I've got a
Compojure route setup for a the resulting output of memoized
ClojureScript compile call. I can work on the ClojureScript directly
from my project. When something changes, I re-evaluate the memoized fn
on my dev box (or on the production server through an SSH tunnel) and
boom: I have a fully-optimized script going out to users. Add in a
content-hash of the compiled script to automatically expire the old
resource, and I have a workflow that I couldn't imagine being much
better.

Client-side side stuff I've wanted to do with my app but couldn't even
begin to have the patience to implement- now suddenly seem trivial in
principle. Having access to the reader for transmitting native data
structures between the server and client... I don't even have the
words.

And this is just the stuff that touches me directly and that's
obvious. I can't wait to see what people are going to do with this in
time.

Thank you: awesome job, guys. And what an awesome surprise!

--
Peter