Hi, Thorsten,
<<
Why, if that is the case at
> all, do you want to pass an argument through functions that do not work
> with it?

The determination of whether a called function will apply is left as a
responsibility of the function itself, rather than the calling
function. The motivation is that a function may be called from a
number of places. Perhaps there's a better way?

Thanks for the encouragement to ask questions here.

tuba