As an outcome of this thread, I have decided not to invest in clojure,
so I believe the following to be purely feedback, as I have no agenda
to push.

- it seems from some's point of view that I was "trolling". Fine, from
my point of view though it was akin to "drink the kool aid or gtfo".
Sorry, I'm too old and too well-read and too inquisitive to drink the
kool aid, so I'll just gtfo.
- I'm not sure what you mean by "not up to speed". I had the book
about the google closure library for nearly a year now and I'd read it
a few times. I'd gotten copies of all the clojure books published and
downloaded all the videos put out and read/watched them several times.
I'd scoured the web - and this group - for every clojure related
reading material I could find, and watched the clojurescript video a
couple of times very carefully and read its rationale a few times.
- I'm not sure what you mean by "recovering old ground". When I made
the post (24th of July) Clojurescript had only been out for a few
days, most notably it was 2 days after "Video is now available of Rich
Hickey's talk at ClojureNYC yesterday announcing clojurescript" (22nd
of July).
- I'd understand what you might've meant by the above two points if
you guys had no intentions for anyone outside a very small tightknit
group of you to use clojurescript, but if you'd intended others
besides you to use it too then no, I don't.
- I'm also not sure what you mean by "He did not understand the
difference between language and platform, and from there was at a loss
to understand our decision-making". I believe my original post and
thereafter and throughout were clear enough that my concern was not
the clojure language itself, but the google closure library as a
dependency.
- the argument - paraphrasing - "it's just clojure, you code in
clojure, the google library is under, and you don't need to look
under" is akin to saying "here's a foundation for you to build a
skyscraper on, now build your skyscraper, don't look under at what's
in the foundation you're building on". Sorry, can't do.
- the notion that the leader decides all unquestioned and that no
diappointment or unhappiness will be tolerated is too stalinist for my
taste. It is my belief that the hallmark of good open source software
is its attitude towards intense and thorough scrutiny.

Regards and best wishes.