On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Dennis Haupt <d.haup...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> so the scala actors add much more overhead than the clojure equivalent?

The main problem is that the current implementation of actors in Scala
suffers from known memory leaks and performance problems - problems
that are completely addressed by Akka, which is why they're going to
incorporate it and replace the current implementation.

Our choices at World Singles were: migrate to Akka, wait for Scala
2.10 (which is when I think Akka will be folded in). Neither were
appealing solutions. Migrating to Clojure was less work and more
timely (for us).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/