On Wednesday, September 7, 2011 1:53:43 PM UTC-5, Marko Kocić wrote:

> Thanks for the tip about jsvc. I'll give it a try. Do you have some script
> examples to share, since having Linux service is exactly what I need?

I strongly recommend Tanuki's wrapper over jsvc:

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/

It's better in every possible way, and will make your deployment life so
much easier! It's something I would very much like to see as baked into to
the JVM.

If the GPL licensing is any concern (i.e., you need to distribute your
product), YAJSW is somewhat Tanuki-compatible and also has an interesting
architecture:

http://yajsw.sourceforge.net/

-Tal