Hey Benjamin,

Thanks for the tips !! Have no fears about my passion for vim  :)

I'm actually using vimclojure now, and it has fabulous command completions
for clojure functions, which I love. I did get the nailgun server setup, and
connected. But 1) there's a lot of gymnastics involved in getting it running
(although it is quite nice, once your setup is going). The one thing that I
crave is that debugging integration. It's actually a limitation of vim, not
nailgun - either vim's lack of threads, or it's communication channel does
not allow for these kinds of symbols to go both ways (you can just send from
ng-client).

But I still used, and will continue to use vim for most tasks (I much prefer
it's navigation to emacs'). The first main carrot pulling me to try emacs
now is 'evil' <http://gitorious.org/evil/pages/Home>, emac's newest vim
plugin. The wrinkles are fast being ironed out, and it does the basic
navigation and editing that I expect from a vim. I'm actually eager to see
how much .vimrc settings I can get into 'evil'. So the other emacs carrot
for me, is that swank / slime debugging integration. It looks quite handy,
and I'm keen on tools that can get me closer to the code, reducing my time
to develop.

Cheers

Tim