Hi Tim,

back when I started diving into Clojure I had the very same plan, teach
me Emacs to write Clojure.
Somewhere down the road I realized that I can have almost everything,
that I hoped to gain by picking up Emacs, in VIM too. VimClojure and
lein-vimclojure**, once set up, delivered everything I was looking for.
Ok, everything but debugging!
Which, thanks to the ability to use tracing right inside a vim repl, I
don't miss that much as I missed my buddies . and * back then... :-)

I definitely don't want to discourage you from looking into Emacs, which
without a question is a great text editor, I just wanted to note that
there are working setups for VIM too. :-)

Regards,
Ben