On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Herwig Hochleitner
<hhochleit...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Am Freitag, 16. September 2011 schrieb David Nolen :
>
>> I suspect that part of the reason there is little movement on this is that
>> transients are as of 1.3 *still* marked alpha. And from what I understand
>> they will most likely become an implementation detail. That is direct use
>> will be thoroughly discouraged.
>>

> That makes sense.
>
> So we basically have two options now:
>
> - make it work
> - make it an error

I will note:

It will probably not become an error because of the reasons I mentioned
above and there is no reason to single out transients over all the other
types that also return false.

There are already patches that "fix" issue and they haven't been applied.

David