Also as for compile options, there are none. I initially tried
advanced, but again got a blank page. So I tried no args, and it made
the "out" folder. I looked in there and saw the generated js file. I
looked through that, and edited each line to look like my working js
code. In the end, translating the require is what seemed to prevent
the behavior.

-Brent