Change you project layout to something like this:

src/hello/core.cljs

And put the code currently in hello.cljs in core.cljs

Make the other relevant changes to account for this restructuring.

Whenever I encounter issues like the one you're experiencing I try to
compare against the working samples in the repo.

David