On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant <
abonnaireserge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While we're on the topic of conventions, I think the most important
> convention match is breaking
> is using the destructuring syntax to mean something less generic by default
> (only vectors).
>
> (match [(list 1 2 3)]
>            [[x & xs]] 1)   ;; <- falls through because [x & xs] only
> matches vectors by default

 We can support this but I'm afraid that it will be very slow. In the
presence of rest syntax vector patterns split the data structure into left
and right sides. But again, perhaps this is a case of user friendliness and
people don't care that much?

David