On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Rob Lally <rob.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it only makes the non-vector seq case slower, I'd certainly make that an
> available option - people are going to have to manually convert other
> sequences into vectors anyway which creates a coding overhead and also makes
> the code less likely to be JITed.
>
> On the other hand.. YMMV.

Choosing to support seqs doesn't really make anything else slower. It's
about managing expectations - people will use whatever's most convenient. If
it performs "badly" then maybe that will be a unpleasant surprise. But then
again, maybe it's fast enough that most people don't really care. That
people use and enjoy destructuring on seqs is probably a good argument that
most people don't care.

David