Am 07.11.2011 14:01, schrieb Milton Silva:

>>> what would you have done differently?
>>
>> Generally, I think the best approach is, to represent everything with
>> seqs, work with them and then display them. Something close to
>> thishttps://github.com/ztellman/penumbra/blob/master/test/example/game/as...
>
> Maybe this last post isn't very clear. Look at your split-asteroid.
> that fn is either doing much more than splitting asteroids or you have
> the wrong representation of asteroids. I have no idea which is it
> because I cannot understand it(It is doing too much at a time). Now
> look at the split-asteroid in the resource I gave you.

my function *really* splits the asteroid into two parts. it breaks off a
randomly generated part where the bullet hit the asteroid and returns 2
new asteroids, both having sub-polygons of the original asteroid.  there
are some transformations and area operations involved which makes the
function more complex than yours - especially because it's not possible
without making some java calls which in turn have side effects.

i can rewrite the function to make it look more simple (e.g. extract the
polygon operations), but i cannot reduce the total complexity significantly.

what i learned so far:

* assoc has a batch mode
* destructuring in a function signature.
* ->
* ->>
* lots of little things

i think i'll rewrite my asteroids as soon as i find the time (vacation
is over) and make the second version more beautiful. and remove that
IRender-protocol that someone suggested. it turned out that i either
have to use it also for collision checks because it knows the polygon or
add redundancy because the polygon is needed at two spots.