On Friday, November 18, 2011 7:17:08 AM UTC-5, TimDaly wrote:

> Many of you asked me to show an example of a literate
> program and demonstrate the use of the tangle function.
>
> I usually use Latex for literate work but I've done
> this example using HTML and <pre id="foo"> tags.
>
> I've written a self-referential literate program that
> explains the details of the tangle function in literate
> form. You can find the web page at
>
> http://daly.literatesoftware.com/lithtml/litprog.html

I have read your literate program, and must recognize that I know how
tangle works even though I didn't want to really read the source code. I
read your prose all the way through. I still haven't read the source code;
I didn't feel the need to read it. Were I to maintain your program, I'd
have more than enough confidence to start hacking the code right now.

I think this speaks very positively about literate programming. What
remains to be seen is how much (or not) I'm going to practice it in the
future.

What do you think of marginalia? It's a bit the reverse of tangle; it
assembles all those 70's files together into this book you might want to
read. Is it sound or not? Have your thoughts changed from what you wrote in
[1]?

[1] http://goo.gl/cXWzF