I think readable is in the eye of the beholder.

I've only moderate experience with Clojure, but the following example
from Open Dylan made me realize I really do prefer a concise
representation over what is considered easier to read.
http://opendylan.org/documentation/intro-dylan/why-dylan.html#functional-languages
define method shoe-size (person :: <string>)
  if (person = "Larry")
    14
  else
    11
  end if
end method;

Versus
http://opendylan.org/documentation/intro-dylan/why-dylan.html#algebraic-infix-syntax
(define (shoe-size person)
  (if (equal? person "Joe")
    14
    11))

Albeit my preference could be different over a different example.
Silly humans 8)

The thing is, if you just keep using Clojure or another Lisp for a
little while, you'll probably get used to it and find it comfortable.