You might have a difficult time getting other Clojure coders to adopt the
practice in their code, but would this be almost as good?

(let [x 2]
code)

Achieving that would be as simple as hand-indenting it that way, or adjusting
the auto-indenter of your favorite text editor to do it that way.  A couple of
minutes of perusing clojure-mode.el for emacs didn't make it obvious to me how
to do that, but I suspect it wouldn't be difficult.

Andy