Okay, the Python package should be fixed now. It took a few tries, but
I was finally able to get it to include core.clj as part of the
distro.

> What startup time performance improvements do you see for eg using
> this platform for shell scripts-like stuff ?

Currently, it's about 3sec on my machine. This is because we're
parsing/compiling all 2600 lines of core.clj on every start-up. One of
my tasks this week is to compile the file to bytecode, then serialize
this bytecode as a .cljc file. This is the method the rest of python
uses, and at that point we should have almost instant start-up times.

Timothy

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amazing!
>
> What startup time performance improvements do you see for eg using
> this platform for shell scripts-like stuff ?
>
> Le 8 mars 2012 à 04:42, Timothy Baldridge <tbaldri...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> The Clojure-Py team is happy to announce the release of Clojure-Py 0.1.0.
>>
>> https://github.com/halgari/clojure-py
>>
>> Clojure-Py is an implementation of Clojure running atop the Python VM.
>> As it currently stands, we have translated over 235 functions from
>> clojure.core. This is not a clojure interpreter in python; the
>> Clojure-Py compiler compiles clojure code directly to python code.
>> Clojure-py functions are python functions. Clojure-py types are python
>> types, Clojure-py name spaces are python modules.
>>
>> Please feel free to browse the examples at
>> https://github.com/halgari/clojure-py/tree/master/examples to get an
>> idea of what Clojure-Py can currently accomplish.
>>
>> Version 0.1.0 should be considered "alpha" and "proof of concept".
>> That being said, if you stick to the afore mentioned 235 functions,
>> and python interop, the implementation is very usable and so far quite
>> stable.
>>
>> The package is released via the Python Package index so you can simply type
>>
>> easy_install clojure-py
>> clojurepy
>>
>> To install and startup the repl. Python 2.6, 2.7 and PyPy are all
>> supported. Please check out this release and send us your feedback via
>> Github.
>> ---
>>
>> Upcoming in version 0.2.0:
>>
>> Support for bindings
>> defprotocol and defmulti
>> defrecord
>> full support for pr-str
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Thank you for all the interest we've received from the Clojure and
>> Python communities. We look forward to seeing this project grow.
>>
>> Timothy Baldridge (halgari)
>>
>> --

“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination
of their C programs.”
(Robert Firth)