The Clojure-Py team is happy to announce the release of Clojure-Py 0.1.0.

https://github.com/halgari/clojure-py

Clojure-Py is an implementation of Clojure running atop the Python VM.
As it currently stands, we have translated over 235 functions from
clojure.core. This is not a clojure interpreter in python; the
Clojure-Py compiler compiles clojure code directly to python code.
Clojure-py functions are python functions. Clojure-py types are python
types, Clojure-py name spaces are python modules.

Please feel free to browse the examples at
https://github.com/halgari/clojure-py/tree/master/examples to get an
idea of what Clojure-Py can currently accomplish.

Version 0.1.0 should be considered "alpha" and "proof of concept".
That being said, if you stick to the afore mentioned 235 functions,
and python interop, the implementation is very usable and so far quite
stable.

The package is released via the Python Package index so you can simply type

easy_install clojure-py
clojurepy

To install and startup the repl. Python 2.6, 2.7 and PyPy are all
supported. Please check out this release and send us your feedback via
Github.
---

Upcoming in version 0.2.0:

Support for bindings
defprotocol and defmulti
defrecord
full support for pr-str

---

Thank you for all the interest we've received from the Clojure and
Python communities. We look forward to seeing this project grow.

Timothy Baldridge (halgari)