I read this and wondered why you care? Isn't it sufficient to return
the new world state? You could use identical? as someone suggested but
why bother? It sounds like the player should be able to keep bumping
into the wall if they keep making the same move.

I am just curious why the problem is more than computing the new world
state from the old world state + user input + world self actions. What
logic depends on whether it changed? To redraw or not? I'm learning
functional myself so I like to hear how others design their
solutions.