Hello!
I am thinking of applying to GSoC and I found the proposal to continue
working on Chris Grangers Clojure(script)-editor in "Bret Victor-
style" really interesting.

I have some ideas on features that I think would be nice to have,
other than opening, saving and compiling files:

Visualization of functions à la Bret Victor (Let the user give example
input, then print the values of all local vars (and maybe return
values of function calls) at the side of the function). Using
clojure.tools.trace or CDT perhaps?
Possibility to add the example input and the corresponding expected
output as an unit test for the function.

Pluggable ui-widgets (like the slider and colorpicker in Brets talk).
Examples: slider, checkbox, colorpicker, filechooser, datepicker,
mouse movement recorder, piano?, whatever.
(predicate dispatch to determine what widget to choose? :)

Pluggable widgets for visualising data(structures) could also be
created.(Perhaps inline widgets? Although I think that most often
would be more annoying than helpful.)

Use kibit to highlight code that could be rewritten.

Visualising the call-stack (as Chris suggested)

Graphs of relations between namespaces.

What do you think? Do you have other ideas? What features do you think
one should focus on first ? Please give some feedback.