Probably you slightly misunderstood what I mean. Consider this scenario:
I've set up a project which uses a new library with non-standart indent.
I've connected to swank and compiled it. Then I'm calling some
clojure-mode-update-indent function, which walks through all loaded
namespaces and collects :indent metadata (on the clojure side) and saves
appropriate define-clojure-indent form somewhere in config file (on the
elisp side). After that I have all macros indented properly.

It's better than manually writing define-clojure-indent form because it's
tool-agnostic; say, CCW can use the same data, so library maintainers only
have to add {:indent :defn} to their defmacros.